15 July 2016
Weekend event set to celebrate all things Guild Ball and Dark Souls in November
If you’re a huge fan of Guild Ball or Steamforged’s upcoming take on the Dark Souls videogame, then it’s likely the information below will have you salivating like Quaff the dog.
That’s because Steamforged has finally announced the full details for SteamCon, it’s new (hopefully annual) convention that will be taking place at The Headingley Experience, Leeds on 25th to 27th November. Here are the key details:
- SteamCon will play host to the Guild Ball World Championship Finals, with Players from all over the world competing to be the very first Guild Ball World Champion - with two last chance qualifiers at SteamCon! (The Golden Goal and the Last Man Standing)
- Exclusive Keynote by Mat Hart & Rich Loxam unveiling unreleased products and upcoming announcements for 2017 followed by a Q&A with the entire Steamforged Games Design Team.
- Be one of the first ever to try out the full play-through of Dark Souls™ the Board Game.
- SteamCon Limited Edition sculpts, SteamCon Big League plot cards, a loot bag for every attendee and an on-site official Steamforged Store with more exclusive swag to be revealed closer to the time...
- 24 Hour Access to the venue for gaming throughout the weekend.
Tickets will go on pre-sale at the Steamforged website from 17th until 20th July. A ticket is £50 for the Weekend Access (with an optional choice of guaranteed qualifier tournament entry). Just in case you’re still not sure, the event will also include:
- Guest painter Meg Maples will be on hand for a painting masterclass; painting previously unseen models...
- Is there a Guild that we absolutely NEED to make for Guild Ball? Convince Guild Ball creative director Mat Hart that we should make it in our ‘Create-a-Guild’ seminar.
- Or perhaps better still, come and see Russ Charles sculpt a brand new model, for that Guild, right in front of your eyes!
- Team up with your friends in the Guild Ball Team Tournament or try out some of our Disorganised Play formats like Guild Ball – Dodgeball!
- Test your agility in painting in the ‘Flint Speed Painting Challenge’
- Enter the Steamforged Master Painter Competition for a chance to win big.
- Kraken’s Den: Pitch your idea for a new game to Rich and Mat, get feedback and suggestions.
- SteamyCon Social - being Mat Hart's idea this could be anything! But you don’t want to miss it!
- 24-hour 'Empire Big League' open tables with a huge flowing campaign during SteamCon. Participate to earn favours that can be traded in for loot!