Modiphius bringing brand new edition of gothic RPG to London convention
The brand new edition of gothic RPG Vampire: The Masquerade is coming to our Tabletop Gaming Live convention in London later this month.
Star Trek Adventures and Achtung! Cthulhu studio Modiphius will have the fifth edition of the bloodthirsty roleplaying game on the show floor, ready for players to sink their teeth into and discover the latest updates to the long-running World of Darkness series.
Modiphius will also be demoing its new miniatures game, Fallout: Wasteland Warfare – the tense and tactical narrative skirmish game based on the hugely influential roleplaying video games.
Tabletop Gaming Live will take place on Saturday, September 29th and Sunday, September 30th 2018, and will give you the chance to play and buy the very latest games – including your opportunity to play games unveiled and released at Gen Con in the UK for the very first time, as well as those planned to launch at Essen in October. You can find a preview of some of the games available to play at the show in September's issue of Tabletop Gaming magazine.
Among the newest releases on the show floor will be Forbidden Sky, the next game from Pandemic creator Matt Leacock in his acclaimed and successful survival series after Forbidden Island and Desert, which will celebrate its official UK launch at Tabletop Gaming Live – making it the first place fans can pick up the game.
We’ll also have the latest ambitious card game from the creator of Magic: The Gathering, Richard Garfield, following its surprise reveal at Gen Con. KeyForge: Call of the Archons boasts billions of unique card combinations, making no two decks in the world alike – you’ll be able to see how it plays for yourself at the show.
The second edition of X-Wing will also be present on the show floor, ready for Star Wars fans to return to a galaxy far, far away in the biggest evolution for the hugely popular game and tournament mainstay yet.
That’s just a handful of the many games appearing at Tabletop Gaming Live throughout the weekend, which will feature the latest games and more from:
- Fantasy Flight Games (KeyForge: Call of the Archons, X-Wing Miniatures Game, Android: Netrunner, Legend of the Five Rings, A Game of Thrones, Arkham Horror Files, Star Wars)
- Catan Studio (Catan)
- Mythic Games (Time of Legends: Joan of Arc, Solomon Kane, Reichbusters: Projekt Vril)
- Days of Wonder (Ticket to Ride, Small World, Memoir ’44)
- Z-Man Games (Pandemic, Carcassonne, Love Letter, Terra Mystica)
- Modiphius (Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Star Trek Adventures, Achtung! Cthulhu, Infinity RPG, Conan RPG, Thunderbirds)
- Cubicle 7 (Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Warhammer: Age of Sigmar RPG, The One Ring RPG, Doctor Who RPG, Adventures in Middle-earth)
- PlayFusion (Warhammer: Age of Sigmar – Champions, Lightseekers)
- Thames & Kosmos (Exit: The Game, Imhotep, Legends of Andor, Lost Cities)
- Mantic (The Walking Dead: All Out War, Dungeon Saga, Star Saga, DreadBall, Kings of War)
- Warlord Games (Bolt Action, Strontium Dog)
- Iello (King of Tokyo, King of New York)
- Blue Orange (Kingdomino, Queendomino, Photosynthesis)
- Big Potato (The Chameleon, Bucket of Doom, Scrawl)
- Inside the Box (Sub Terra, Newspeak)
- Gamewright (Sushi Go!, Forbidden Sky)
- Oink Games (Deep Sea Adventure, A Fake Artist Goes to New York, Insider)
- Alley Cat Games (Dice Hospital, Lab Wars)
- North Star (Happy Salmon, Funky Chicken)
- Osprey (Frostgrave, High Society, London, The Lost Expedition)
- Warcradle Studios (Dystopian Wars, Wild West Exodus)
- Queen Games (Luxor, Pioneers)
- GCT Studios (Bushido)
- Ralph Horsley (artist for Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, Warhammer 40,000 and more)
- Tactic Games
- Anvil Industry
- Rubicon Models
- Wayland Games
- Zatu Games
- Battle Foam
- Firestorm Cards
- Leisure Games
- Titan Wargames
- Pendraken Miniatures
Alongside demos and stands on the show floor, Tabletop Gaming Live will include a huge open gaming area with a free game library for players new and old alike to come along and try whenever you want to. Why not bring some games from home to play with new friends, or try those you pick up at the show?
A dedicated participation and demo area will be running regular sessions for roleplaying games including Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RuneQuest and Pathfinder, plus popular miniatures titles and wargames such as Gaslands, UFO, Sands of the Sudan and Frostgrave.
If you prefer to show off your skills in a more competitive fashion, there’ll be a number of board game tournaments with the chance to grab participation goodies and win exclusive prizes for family favourites such as Kingdomino and King of Tokyo. Even better, entry is completely free!
Tabletop Gaming Live will also host the first-ever official UK Gunslingers GT tournament for skirmish miniatures game Wild West Exodus, featuring exclusive prizes and the chance to land a place in the WWX Hall of Fame.
Throughout the weekend, Alexandra Palace’s West Hall will be hosting talks, seminars, panels and workshops with designers, experts, members of the Tabletop Gaming team and more as part of a packed live speaker schedule. See the full schedule here.
All of the talks are free to attend for Tabletop Gaming Live visitors and include a drop-in miniatures painting workshop, discussions with designers about the making of fan-favourite games, the chance to preview and play an in-development unofficial expansion for board game phenomenon Catan, a live edition of the Tabletop Gaming Podcast, and more.
Tickets for Tabletop Gaming Live are available now from Ticket Factory. Prices start at £10, with weekend passes and family bundles available. Children under 10 accompanied by an adult can attend for free.