25 February 2022
Welcome to the Shire, Ashen one
Choose whether to link the fires or let the world go dark in Dark Souls: The Roleplaying Game from Steamforged Games. We get your questions about the choice to use the Dungeons & Dragon Fifth Edition engine, and discuss how it’s all going to work as a roleplaying game with Richard August, the game’s designer. Order issue 64 now to find out the answers.
Plus, our MUST-PLAY review of The One Ring from Free League. Adventuring in Middle-earth has never been so cast in shadows. Find out why we think you’ll not want to miss out on this adventure.
“A rabbi, a golem and a student walk into a bar…” – or nearly anyway. We talk to the designers of Golem, the big hit of Essen, and discover what the magic words are that keep it moving.
And we check in on Blazon, a game about heraldry that you didn’t know you wanted, until now. This might be the only game where you end up with a coat of arms at the end.
Here’s what else is in the issue:
• DARK SOULS: THE ROLEPLAYING GAME – We head to Lothric with Steamforged Games to find out how the new Dark Souls RPG is going to work on our tabletops. Plus, we get your questions about the Fifth Edition adaptation answered.
• GAMING PODCAST GUIDE – Our top picks to keep your ears filled with gaming goodness (you know, for when you can’t read the magazine).
• HARRY POTTER RPG DIY GUIDE – Want to have a wizarding school based good time on the tabletop? We give you the tools to run your own Harry Potter themed roleplaying session, and give you a chance to find out which roleplaying system house you’ll be put into.
• TRICK OR TREAT STUDIOS – It’s masks off with Trick Or Treat Studio’s move from spooky rubber masks, to horror movie themed games.
• THE ONE RING REVIEW: OUR MUST-PLAY VERDICT PLUS 26 GAMES REVIEWED – including…
Ghostbusters x Men in Black: Ecto-terrestrial Invasion
Dollars to Donuts
The One Ring
Micky’s Food Fight
Cuphead: Fast Rolling Dice Game
And many more!