20 May 2021
New stories of horror
Chaoisum have today announced a new fiction collection available now in digital formats (EPUB, PDF, MOBI).
The tales cover the sisterhood in all its forms - sixteen horror stories, written by some of the genres leading female voices, and across a huge range of settings. Edited by Nade Pedersen, names include award-winning and critically acclaimed writers such as Nadia Bulkin, Livia Llewellyn, Molly Tanzer, and many more.
"In churches and convents and other religious communities, sisterhood takes many forms, forged and tested by such mundane threats as disease and despair, but also by terrors both spiritual and existential—Satan’s subtle minions and the cosmic nightmare of the Cthulhu Mythos." - Chaosium
You can purchase the book from today, at $8.49, on Chaosium, DriveThruFiction, and DriveThruRPG, as well as on Amazon for the Kindle-friendly version. If you purchase directly from Chaosium, you will also get the full price off of the cost of the printed trade paperback edition when it is released later in the year.
For the full list of what's inside, see below:
- “The Wine of Men” by Ann K. Schwader
- “From an Honest Sister, to a Neglected Daughter” by Monica Valentinelli
- “Étaín and the Unholy Ghosts” by Lisa Morton
- “The Barefoot Sisters of Saint Beatriz of the Mountain” by Kali Wallace
- “Unburdened Flesh” by Penelope Love
- “Only Dead Men Do Not Lie: The Trials of the Formosans” by Kaaron Warren
- “Jane, Jamestown, The Starving Time” by Sun Yung Shin
- “Dorcas and Ann: A True Story” by Molly Tanzer
- “The Resurrected” by S. P. Miskowski
- “The Low, Dark Edge of Life” by Livia Llewellyn
- “The Anchoress” by Lynda E. Rucker
- “Siūlais ir Kraujo ir Kaulų (Of Thread and Blood and Bone)” by Damien Angelica Walters
- “Gravity Wave” by Nadia Bulkin
- “The Veils of Sanctuary” by Selena Chambers
- “The Sisters of Epione” by Alison Littlewood
- “Red Words” by Gemma Files
Looking for more tabletop fiction? Join Charlie below for a review of some of the new Aconyte Books, which are fiction based on board game worlds.