29 June 2021
Maybe the cold and rainy weather was simply an omen of what's to come...
It's been 40 years since the RPG world changed irrevocably (in the best way) as we received Call of Cthulhu on our tabletops, bringing a touch of horror and the occult into our homes in a fun and engaging way that has remained ever since. To celebrate, Chaosium are looking back - way back - to five of its first supplements, and creating a remastered version of the iconic boxed set.
- Shadows of Yog Sothoth (80 pages), a global campaign to save mankind. The first of its kind.
- The Asylum & Other Tales (72 pages), seven shorter sinister scenarios set around the world and at sea.
- The Cthulhu Companion (64 pages), four scenarios as well as added rules and source material.
- Trail of the Tsathogghua (64 pages), a mini campaign of two scenarios, plus a third adventure. It's world spanning, and thus all over the place.
- Fragments of Fear (72 pages), additional gods, background, and other material, as well as a bonus scenario.
On top of this, Chaosium have also stated hat with the remastered formatting being very true to the original look, there is additional room – meaning bonus content by the early authors. Some supplements contain more than the originals.
"Because we want to deliver these boxed sets in time for the anniversary later this year, we've already got all of these books and boxes ready to print. If this Kickstarter gets funded, within a week of ending, we're going to be sending out ALL of the PDFs to the backers. All of the files will be off to the printer shortly after that. No waiting on writers, or artists or layout to get this done. We print. We ship." Said Rich Meints, Chaosium President, which means little to no waiting before diving right into the arcane.
Even less so, when you consider the Kickstarter will go live on Friday, July 2nd 2021, which is this very Friday. Hold on to your sanity, and stay tuned for a Kickstarter link.