OSR blackend artpunk RPG MÖRK BORG is Free League Workshop’s first outing
Free League today announced that the Kickstarter smash, MÖRK BORG RPG will be hitting the shelves from Feburary 25.
Designed by Ockult Örtmästare Games and Stockholm Kartell, MÖRK BORG is the first RPG to be published under Free League Workshop. This is a new imprint from Free League to publish externally developed games.
MÖRK BORG is an RPG with metal sensibilities and referred to as a “pitch-black apocalyptic fantasy RPG” with a focus from lost souls and fools seeking redemption, forgiveness or the last remaining loot in a decaying world.
For fans of the Old School Revival genre of RPGs, the “rules light, heavy everything else” approach will be a treat. Designed to be played as a whole RPG, or picked at, as a kind of heavy metal RPG tapas for your own concoction.
As you can see from the art we’re talking neon doom metal aesthetics with medieval torture chamber nods throughout.
Some of the features of the book, as mentioned in the announcement:
- A brief look at this dying world. From The Two-Headed Basilisks’ gothic cathedral in Galgenbeck and Blood-countess Anthelia’s limestone palace, to the fields of death in Graven-Tosk and the barren wastes of Kergüs.
- The Calendar of Nechrubel, that decides the speed of the world’s demise.
- 20 occult Powers that let you bend reality, and just as many magical catastrophes for when you disastrously fail.
- Optional rules which bring more depth to the game. Omens let you turn bad luck into a slightly better one. Classes with unique traits and quirks, and tables that will bring life into your character.
- 12 creatures to be murdered by.
- Game master tools such as tables for corpse plundering, occult treasure, adventure sparks, dungeon generating and other devilry.
- The introductory dungeon crawl scenario Rotblack Sludge, where you investigate a forgotten part of the Shadow King’s enormous ruin palace. Cannibal warlocks, poison peddlers from beyond the void and hungry gutworms await.
Pick it up on February 25.