An exciting look at the year ahead
The annual board game conference from Portal Games is back, though of course this year it will take place entirely online as a result of the pandemic. Each year PortalCon offers us a glimpse at its plans for the coming year, usually involving new games and teasers. The 2021 PortalCon will take place on Saturday, January the 23rd, and from the first keynote it's promising three major new games, leaving us quietly crossing our fingers for more games like our favourites.
To join PortalCon you can pick up a ticket for free over on the Portal Games website, and be sure to mark your calendars.
As for what you'll see, the itinerary they have provided is below:
- 3pm CEST / 9am EST: Ignacy Trzewiczek will present 30-minute Keynotes announcing 3 new major games to be released by Portal Games in 2021, as well as several follow-ups to the company’s games portfolio.
- 4 pm CEST / 10 am EST: Special edition of Portal Games Informant with epic Ask Me Anything dedicated to new announcements and games!
- 5 pm CEST / 11 am EST: Portal Games Twitch Team will discuss new game announcements with fans!
- 6 pm CET / 12 pm EST: streaming of premiere-gameplay of Robinson Crusoe: The Book of Adventures, the upcoming Robinson Crusoe expansion to be launched on Kickstarter in February 2021.
- 8 pm CET / 2 pm EST: streaming of premiere-gameplay of Empires of the North: North Egyptian Kings, the newest expansion to the best-selling game. The expansion will be released in May 2021.
Plenty to look forward to, and even more to see. Which are you most excited about? What do you think the announcement will include? Tweet us at @tabletopmag, we'd love to hear your thoughts!
Curious about some of the games by Portal Games? Well, we've got the reviews for you! Check out below just a few of the games:
- First up, it's a review of Detective: A Modern Crime Board Game, which sees you as the detective using a mixture of technology and cards to solve the crime
- Then we have Imperial Settlers: Empires of the North, a civilisation-and-engine-building card game
- And finally check out Imperial Settlers: Roll and Write, for a dice and paper version of the popular game