25 March 2022
Plus Jurassic World, Tales from the Loop and 31 Games Reviewed
This issue is a long time in the making as we celebrate the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game 20 years on from its English release – and investigate what makes the game so intriguing all these years (and 10,000+ cards) later.
We also explore chill vibes of after-school adventures in the imagined 1980s of Tales From The Loop: The Board Game. We talk about making time all “wibbly-wobbly” in this perfectly pitched game of investigation.
And we explore a new legacy game from Funko Games with Jurassic World: The Legacy Of Isla Nublar – a game 65 million years in the making. We see what makes the game tick on, and discuss the best way to dodge a dino attack.
Here’s what else is in the issue:
• YU-GI-OH! TRADING CARD GAME: CELEBRATING 20 YEARS – We cheer in the 20th Birthday of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG’s launch in English with a special 8-page feature on the game, and how it all started.
• TALES FROM THE LOOP: THE BOARD GAME – We explore the world of the 80s that never was, and work out whether it’s the secret particle collider that’s making time feel strange, or nostalgia.
• JURASSIC WORLD: THE LEGACY OF ISLA NUBLAR – A legacy game 65 million years in the making, and we find out how to extract the Dino-DNA from one of the most loved film series ever.
• PAINTING GUIDE: UNFATHOMABLE – A Deep Ones painting guide to get the creatures of the deep looking ship shape, before it all goes wrong for the crew…
• PLUS: 31 GAMES REVIEWED AND RATED – We give the final verdict on some of the biggest releases of the year, including Tales from the Loop: The Board Game, Oltréé, Dinosaur World, Stroganov, That Time You Killed Me, Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (Second Edition), ARC, and Haunted Almanac (and we’ve even got A Highland Paranormal Society dungeon in the magazine too)